Handing woman moneyThis post concludes and recaps my series on dealing with unpaid child support in Peoria, Illinois. I decided to write on this topic due to the fact that many Illinois fathers aren’t aware of the steps to take when they have fallen behind on a support payment or they are owed back payments. The goal of my recent articles has been to provide information on how to proceed in these situations. It is also my hope that this information will assist you in making an informed choice when it comes time to select a family law attorney. If you need assistance or would like to discuss your options, contact my office today for an initial consultation.

I have addressed several topics over my recent articles. Issues which I have analyzed include:

There are various reasons why Peoria fathers should understand these issues. First, failing to make timely child support payments may result in a contempt order. It is important for one to take steps to remedy the situation before a contempt order is issued. Second, if you have lost your current employment, it is possible to have your support payments modified. However, a modification must be approved by the Court, otherwise, the original support order will remain in effect. Third, engaging in self-help can have disastrous consequences. The Court may not look kindly upon those who take it upon themselves to alter an order without going through the proper legal channels. Lastly, there are options available to assist those dealing with a mother who is not paying support. It is important that such a situation is confronted head-on before the arrears become astronomical.

If you would like to discuss your options regarding unpaid child support, contact my office today to speak with a father’s rights lawyer. In addition to Peoria, I also serve the counties of Fulton, Knox, LaSalle, Marshall, Mason, McLean, Putnam, Rock Island, Schuyler, Stark, Tazewell, and Woodford.